freetds - Re: ODBC/inline driver ignores transactions.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Bruce Lynes <dlynes1 AT home.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ODBC/inline driver ignores transactions.
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 09:34:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Bob Kline wrote:

> About 450 lines down in his message, Daniel Lynes slipped in the question:
>
> > /* does anyone know how ODBC deals with multiple result sets? */
>
> After any SQL statement which returns multiple results, the application

Woah there!

That's a comment that Brian or Ken put in the code, not I :)

> is positioned at the first result. This result can be a result set or a
> count of affected rows. To move to the next result, the application can
> call SQLMoreResults(), which returns SQL_SUCCESS[_WITH_INFO] as long as
> another results set or count is available. The driver needs to swallow
> any rows in a result set which have not been fetched when moving to the
> next result. When no more results are available, SQLMoreResults()
> returns SQL_NO_DATA.

However, thanks for the information, just the same. :)

The only way I know how to do two or more result sets for SQL is through a
stored procedure, though. :)

But, my main area of expertise is in communications and video conferencing
clients, not databases. My work just takes to me to this area of computing
now,
so, this is what I'm doing. Most of my work is low level coding. :)

Anyways....gotta run...talk to you later.