freetds - Re: ODBC/inline driver ignores transactions.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Bruce Lynes <dlynes1 AT home.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ODBC/inline driver ignores transactions.
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 02:22:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Andreas Tille wrote:

> It smells like bad habit of Inline. I remember the first announcements of
> their dricer here on this list and that I asked for the sources. It
> seemed to be quite strange to me not to release the sources if the driver
> would become free in the future. Beta-testing an open source driver would
> have worked much better than a closed one. So I guess it was just a
> troll and I hope that someone would write a really free driver.

I've started working on such an animal, using the freetds odbc code as a base.
However, I'm also finding that there seems to be bugs in the main tds library,
too.

I've made changes to the connectparams.c, the odbc.c and the odbc Makefile
files. You can now query the driver to determine what it supports and doesn't
support, so that you can make adjustments to your code to allow for the
driver,
accordingly. Please see my post following this one for the updates.

I would appreciate any help in this endeavour.

Thanks in advance.