freetds - Re: Sybase TDS 5.0 Documentation...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Sybase TDS 5.0 Documentation...
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:42:43 -0700 (PDT)

> What exactly is it that is unacceptable about the license? I know it
> requires tech support to be provided but simply pointing to the FAQ and
> mailing list should be fine.
>
> Brian Macy

There was significant discussion of this on the mailing list when
the license came out. You can access the mailing list archives
at "http://franklin.oit.unc.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?visit=freetds";.
I wouldn't want to try to summarize, so I think it's best to just
read the postings.

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724