freetds - Endian of Protocol...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Macy <bmacy AT siterock.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Endian of Protocol...
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:52:47 -0700

I'm kind of curious where TDS specifies the endian of the protocol. I
notice that the packet size if Network byte order... but what about
other stuff? Only the tds_get_smallint function seems to care about
endian and instead of it dealing with client side endian it only deals
with byte order in protocol.

Also, as a side note... there are a lot of assumptions that
sizeof(short) == 2 and sizeof(long) == 4... that should really get
asserted somewhere if it is going to be assumed.

Anyways, someone please respond... I'll fix the code to work on little
and big endian machines... I just need the answer. I have to get this
working on an UltraSparc immediately.

Brian Macy