freetds - [workaround] php-3.0.16/freetds/mssql 6.5 type conversion issues

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Sales Department" <sales AT emerge.net.au>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: [workaround] php-3.0.16/freetds/mssql 6.5 type conversion issues
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 12:26:34

Just for anyone else who hasn't yet twigged; various versions of
freetds/php will silently exit if a select returns a mildly funky data type
(eg MONEY).

The workaround is to use the CONVERT() in your select statement to typecast
the returned data type to something less oddball;

$result = sybase_query("select convert(float, money) from moneytab");

... wish I had the time to debug this properly... *big* thumbs up to
everyone working on this project - it's helping me remove our last
remaining microsoft dependancy :)

  • [workaround] php-3.0.16/freetds/mssql 6.5 type conversion issues, Sales Department, 05/08/2000