freetds - Invalid packet header / Marker

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Karl Pielorz <kpielorz AT tdx.co.uk>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Invalid packet header / Marker
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 16:34:57 +0100

I've posted about this before, and not gotten a reply...

We have a number of systems that use FreeBSD 3.4/FreeTDS 0.50 (last cvs
checkout 03/May/00), PHP 3.0.16, and they exhibit the following problem when
connecting to our MS SQL Server V7.

Invalid packet header 46
Invalid packet header 119
Invalid packet header 46
Invalid packet header 100
Invalid packet header 110
Invalid packet header 209
Invalid packet header 111
Unknown marker: 105!!
Unknown marker: 110!!

And the script quits out with an sql error (understandably). Has anyone seen
this? - Got any ideas on fixing it? - If I need to get traces or something,
and someone can either let me know what they want (or if this is documented
somewhere) point me in the right direction?

This happens on about 8 out of 10 runs. The other two times, it goes through
fine...

It's also very annoying, as the script involved is meant to be cron'd on an
hourly basis :(

Thanks,

-Karl