freetds - Bogus ascii nulls with freetds-cvs

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris Underhill <chris AT tart.net>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Bogus ascii nulls with freetds-cvs
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:57:55 +0100

I've read in the archioes of this mailing list some posts about bogus
ascii nulls being returned from selects, and the solution being to
upgrade to the latest version from cvs. This fixes the problem when
doing selects from a single table, however when I perform a select from
join, the problem reoccurs. Has anyone got a fix, or is my yucky perl
workaround going to have to remain? :-)

I'm using SQL server 7.0, freetds-cvs from last week, DBI-1.13,
DBD-Sybase 0.22. Running on linux kernel 2.2.15pre17, perl 5.005_03 from
Redhat 6.1 .

TIA,
Chris.

  • Bogus ascii nulls with freetds-cvs, Chris Underhill, 04/26/2000