freetds - Re: DBI and Freetds help

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: DBI and Freetds help
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:01:31 -0700 (PDT)

> Hello,
> I'm trying to get a MS Sql Server and linux box to
> talk to each other. I would like some direction in how
> to Perl's DBI module to work with FreeTDS. I've
> installed and tested FreeTDS with out any problems. I
> was wondering if you point me to documentation about
> how to get DBI and FreeTDS to work together.
> Specifically, I would like to know which DBD to use,
> the SYBASE or the ODBC.
> thanks for the help.
>
> kevin

DBD::Sybase uses the ctlib functionality which is included
with freetds, so that's probably the easier way to go currently.

There is a group developing ODBC on top of freetds. Search
the mailing list archives if you want to look at their stuff.

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724
TST On Ramp Fax: (909) 620-8174