freetds - Re: FreeTDS JDBC / Java 2 SDK 1.3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Maraya Michael <maraya-michael AT dol.gov>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS JDBC / Java 2 SDK 1.3
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 15:23:15 -0400

I re-wrote the snippet below so that the variables are set to 2.0 by
default and 1.0 if java.version is 1.1x. So far, everything's working fine.
There's probably a better way to determine the JDBC version currently
installed but this seems to do for now.

I've finally been able to make FreeTDS JDBC work. I had to put a
ton of Statement.close() lines in my code but that was pretty easy. Using
the FreeTDS JDBC is a bit slower than using the JDBC-ODBC bridge but I
figure that's because it's using Pure Java now instead of system calls.

Kudos to the TDS Development Group. You guys rock. If you need a
newbie Java programmer for grunt work and stuff, let me know. I'd be glad
to help.

.\\