freetds - Does the FreeTDS JDBC Driver support...?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Tim" <tim AT noiseweb.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Does the FreeTDS JDBC Driver support...?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:40:56

Does the FreeTDS JDBC Driver support strings larger than 4,096 characters?

I have been accessing a MS SQL Server 7 database from a linux java
application that is reading a TEXT column from a table. It reads it
okay using getString(), but it is truncated to 4,096 characters. Is
there a way to up that limit? I want to replicate data between SQL 7 and
mysql using a Java application and JDBC. It's real fast, except I
lose some of the data. I have rather large text in the columns since
they are web pages (maybe 20-30K).

Note: getAsciiStream() was unimplemented in the version I was using.

Thanks a lot.

Tim