freetds - JDBC bug?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Betty Chang" <bettyc AT aimnet.com>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: JDBC bug?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:26:04 -0800

Hello -- I have found 2 problems.  Are these known bugs?

(1)  If I update a row within a transaction, then try to read the same row within the transaction, the program hangs, because the row has become locked.  I am using the same Connection object.  I have tried reading both with the same and with different Statement objects and it hangs in both cases.

(2)  If I update a row within a transaction, then do a close() on the Statement object,.  or a PreparedStatement object,  then commit() later on, the update never takes place.   I have to wait until after the commit() to close the statements.  This is not as big a problem as (1).

Thanks

Betty