freetds - Raise errors back to DBD::Sybase from freetds layer?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu AT internetcds.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Raise errors back to DBD::Sybase from freetds layer?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 10:20:06 -0800 (PST)

I'm not sure exactly where the problem is, my digging hasn't found
anything yet...

Scenario:

o) FreeTDS from cvs repository a few days ago
o) DBD::Sybase 0.21

I execute the query, then do the fetchrow()'s. SOmetime during this
process, and depending on the phase of the moon, and other things I don't
understand, (running it 2x in a row will fail one time, then work the
next), FreeTDS starts kicking out the "unknown marker" errors right and
left.

However, I don't seem to be able to detect the unkown marker errros. The
while keeps on putting along, sucking in tons of apparently bogus data...

What am I missing here? I perused the DBI:: page, and have the
RaiseError=>1 on the connect...

What I find bizarre, is that running the script 2x in a row, one will
work, one will fail, with no obvious pattern, and no DB changes...