freetds - [newbie] FreeTDS, JDBC and MSSQL 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Adam van den Hoven" <adam AT bwalk.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: [newbie] FreeTDS, JDBC and MSSQL 7.0
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 0:54:45

Hi!

Ok, I'm an idiot newbie. I haven't had an opportunity to do any significant
JAVA work in way too long (we're a pathalogically microsoft shop) but I
want to try a few things.

I just downloaded the JDBC files (the .jar) from the ftp site but I'm
totally lost. I'm not sure what I need to do next. I'm using Java2 and I
have no Idea where to place the file.

I'm hoping that I can make a connection to the database on my domain from
an applet on the internet without having to let my users know the
connection info. Any recipe you can give me would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advanced
Adam van den Hoven
Developer
Boardwalk Equities
adam AT bwalk.com

  • [newbie] FreeTDS, JDBC and MSSQL 7.0, Adam van den Hoven, 02/02/2000