freetds - Re: Patches

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Geoff Winkless" <geoff AT farmline.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Patches
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:08:58 -0000

Ok, so I set up CVS on my development machine...

read.c:

/* FIX ME -- get the exact err num and text */
tds_client_msg(tds,10018, 9, 0, 0, "The connection was closed");

Hmm.

10018 was the message number I got from ISQL/w when I disconnected the
server...

I note that you removed the extern for tds_client_msg.

Nothing in tds_process_result_tokens also - did you figure out a different
way to do this? As far as I could tell if you set tds->s to 0 as is,
tds_get_byte just returns 0, which gets treated as a marker (and you get the
dreaded "Unknown marker: 0" message in a loop...)

In dblib...

In dblib.c, dbresults_r() -- you're checking for dbproc->tds_socket->s in
hard code -- would it not be better to have a layer of abstraction and call
DBDEAD()?

Also the same in dbwritetext().

I'm also a bit dubious as to whether you should check for the
connection -after- calling tds_process_result_tokens rather than before --
since tds_process_result_tokens may change the state of the connection and
return failure (which could then probably be (incorrectly) interpreted as
NO_MORE_RESULTS?).

Thoughts appreciated

Geoff

  • Re: Patches, Geoff Winkless, 01/26/2000