freetds - DBD::Sybase-0.21 hangs on testing

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: John Gilmore-Baldwin <john AT dwx.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: DBD::Sybase-0.21 hangs on testing
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 17:04:40 -0600

I can't get tests to pass with DBD::Sybase-0.21 and freetds. I compiled
freetds with version set to 4.2 on Solaris, I set my environment variable
for sybase to the freetds directory, and added my server to the interfaces
file there:

MY_server1
query tcp ether 111.222.333.444 1433
master tcp ether 111.222.333.444 1433

I also tried setting up the interfaces file like the regular sybase
interfaces file, with hex numbers for the port and ip addresses, but that
didn't do me well either.

Can anybody see the error of my ways? I'm not having much luck debugging
this myself.

Thanks,
John