freetds - Re: No route to host

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Adam Haberlach <adam AT newsnipple.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: No route to host
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:49:14 -0800

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 11:58:33AM -0800, Mark Schaal wrote:

> > I'll spend some time looking at the code itself, but that
> > Unknown property error seems interesting...
>
> That is from ct_con_props(), looks like the CS_HOSTNAME property. Most
> of the properties aren't implemented until somebody needs them. It
> shouldn't be too hard to add. The source is in freetds/src/ctlib/ct.c.

I added it, but it turns out that for some reason, no matter what
host I look for, it chesk for SYBASE in the .interfaces file.

Now I can get it to connect to the server I selected (and the
port I assume is correct after a portscan and some pocking around).
However, all I seem to get is:

Unknown marker: 0!!

This seems to happen both with versions compiled for 5.0 and 7.0, and
looks to be the last-ditch bail-out of the login tokenizer. I am trying
to connect to a MS-SQL 6.5 server.

--
Adam Haberlach | Scary thought of the day: there is a 330
adam AT newsnipple.com | page book titled "Complete Idiot's Guide