freetds - No route to host

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Nikos Mouat <nikm AT cyberflunk.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: No route to host
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 18:15:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I'm using FreeTDS to access a MSSQL 7.0 server. The program runs every
hour, and frequently (about 5 times a day) I get an error something like

No route to host.
DB-Error: could not connect

or something like that. It is certainly a 'no route to host' related
message. The machine that this is running on is on the same subnet as the
mssql 7 server.. and if I retry immediately, then it frequently, but not
always suceeds.

Here is the login source. dbopen is returning null when this happens.

{
LOGINREC *login;

dbinit();
login = dblogin();
DBSETLPWD(login,"<password>");
DBSETLUSER(login,"<user>");
DBSETLAPP(login,"<database>");
DBSETLHOST(login,"<dbserver>.<domain>.com");
*dbproc = dbopen(login, "<name from interfaces file>");
if (*dbproc == NULL)
return false;
dbloginfree(login);
return true;
}

interfaces has:

<name from interfaces file>
query tcp ether <dbserver>.<domain>.com 1433
master tcp ether <dbserver>.<domain>.com 1433
console tcp ether <dbserver>.<domain>.com 1433

is this is a bug in the library? or more likely an error in the way I'm
doing things.. it's a very recent version of the code, maybe three weeks
old.

nm