freetds - Re: Novell 4.11 and ASA 5.5.04

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Novell 4.11 and ASA 5.5.04
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 10:59:34 -0500 (EST)

>From Sybase's site:

"JDBC, Open Client, and TDS support

Adaptive Server Anywhere can appear to client applications as an Open
Server. That is, it provides native support for the Sybase Open Client
programming interface, and therefore native support for Sybase
applications such as Replication Server and OmniConnect."

This is from a document titled 'Enhancements in ASA version 6.0', so this
apparently available natively for 6.0, 5.5 on the other hand needs the
'Open Server Gateway' process.

Brian