freetds - Re: CT lib source?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bill Tutt <rassilon AT list.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: CT lib source?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 05:53:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Brian Bruns wrote:

> That is referring to service pack 1. MS screwed up the big endian stuff in
> the GA of SQL 7.0. Apparently they also broke TDS 5.0, but I believe if
> you set the version to 4.2 before connecting things will work good without
> the patch.

The big endian fixes for SQL 7 didn't make it into SP1, only the TDS 5.0
login packet handling fix made it, IIRC. There still isn't a QFE for the
big endian problems atm either, but as Brian noted, just configure the
code to use TDS 4.2 and life should be happier. (unless your on a big
endian box...)

FYI,
Bill