freetds - Re: CT lib source?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: CT lib source?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:27:49 -0400 (EDT)

That is referring to service pack 1. MS screwed up the big endian stuff in
the GA of SQL 7.0. Apparently they also broke TDS 5.0, but I believe if
you set the version to 4.2 before connecting things will work good without
the patch. Also depending on your platform, sybase may not make
openclient. Linux has one for intel, but I'm not sure if the *BSDs are
able to run it or not (I'd like to find out if anyone knows this one way
or the other). Also linux on alpha/ppc/sparc/68k/etc... are out of
luck as well.

As for the problem under FreeTDS, I know what the deal is with the
behaviour of ct_results(), I'm just trying to decide which is the right
way to fix it. If nothing strikes me as the the right way by tonight, I'll
kludge it and fix it up later.

Brian