freetds - freetds 0.47pre2 + RH6/i686 + PHP3& apache1.3.9 -> compile problems

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Andrew Hall" <aah AT impaq.net.au>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: freetds 0.47pre2 + RH6/i686 + PHP3& apache1.3.9 -> compile problems
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 6:57:30

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on why compiling FreeTDS
into apache with the above configuration is so difficult.

After noting the problems others have had with old versions of autoconf and
libtools, I upgraded them to the latest. Then I had to remove all the
invalid symbols to @SHELL@ in the makefiles before I could get freetds to
compile. Once this happen I thought I had a successful compile (no further
errors).

>From there I managed to compile PHP3 with no apparent problems only to find
apache ./configure refused to take the combined php3/freetds module when
using sybase-ct option (gave errors about invalid gcc compiler options) -
changed to sybase (DBlib) and was able to get a successful ./configure. On
make however, I get half way through and bombs out with a
"./gen_test_char:error in loading shared libraries:libsybdb.so.0: cannot
open"

All compiles done as root and /usr/local/freetds is intact and libraries
are there and available.

Can someone please help with this?

thanks and regards,

Andrew.