freetds - SQL 7.0 TDS Logs

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stephan February <essef AT mweb.co.za>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: SQL 7.0 TDS Logs
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 20:28:03 +0200

Hi there

I have finally managed to get my proxy working properly. The code is a
rude mishmash of C and C++. Ugly stuff, but hey! it works :-/. I am only
sending the actual file attachments to Serge and Brian's e-mail
addresses. If you received this mail from the list it won't have the
files attached. Mail me directly if you want them.

Here, again are some logs, along with the extra info about my setup... I
have decided to settle on the convention of extending the logs for the
client queries and server responses with .cli[x] and .srv[x]
respectively, where the [x] will be a numeric value indicating the same
stuff has been repeated and logged... usefull for checking consistency
between logs.

i.e failure.cli1 corresponds to failure.srv1
failure.cli2 corresponds to failure.srv2
etc....

I am also trying to settle on a format for logging the packets. One that
would make it easier on the eye to read query/response pairs. Any
suggestions are of course welcome.

The attached logs are :

success.cli[x] + success.srv[x] - complete successfull login using MS
SQl Query Analyzer.
failure.cli[x] + failure.srv[x] - failed login using MS SQL Query
Analyzer.

Again, MS SQL Query Analyzer sends some extra bits down the wire to
render it's interface with usefull information. I'm sure you can get
some mileage out of those packets :-)

for My windows Client:
Machine name : Stephan
ip-address: 192.168.0.201
netmask : 255.255.255.0

The NT Server
Machine Name: ULRICH_NT
ip-address: 192.168.0.200
default database: test
SQL Port : 1433

Authentication details:
username : stephan
password : minime

g'bye ... I'm gonna go do the laundry now ... my clothes are smelling a
bit funky (interfering with my thought-processes :-)

stephan
PS: Files compressed using gzip 1.2.4

  • SQL 7.0 TDS Logs, Stephan February, 08/09/1999