freetds - TDS V7.0 and MSSQL Version 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Stephan February" <essef AT mweb.co.za>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: TDS V7.0 and MSSQL Version 7.0
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 10:7:20

Hi there

I have recently joined the list and have seen some people asking for MSSQL
ODBC driver implementations. Recent attempts of mine to connect to our
in-house MS SQL Server 7.0 (recently upgraded from 6.5) from within Linux,
has failed miserably. I have tried both FreeTDS and the OpenClient
distributed with Sybase ASE for Linux (this is the glibc one). I have
tracked down the problem to following statement on MS's site:"Applications
using SQL Server 7.0 versions of the client software use TDS version 7.0."

the URL: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/sdkdoc/sql/highprog_1.htm

Does anyone know where to get hold of Version 7.0 of the TDS spec? How does
this list feel about collaborating with the unixODBC project to meet
goals?

Rgrds
Stephan
essef AT mweb.co.za