freetds - Re: DBD::FreeTDS development status?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DBD::FreeTDS development status?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 22:22:33 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, it looks like Craig is really busy these days, we've had quite a few
JDBC questions lately that I'm not up to the task of answering.

FWIW, DBD::Sybase (which runs over ctlib), seems on the verge of working
which would automatically gain money type support. My long term plan was
to create a DBI interface over the TDS layer, but I never quite got around
to it. Craig stepped up and did this one although he chose to implement
the protocol in his driver (his driver is licensed under BSDish license
while the dblib/ctlib/odbc stuff is LGPL). So, that's the current state
of affairs. Personally, I'd like to see DBI riding over the common TDS
layer thereby benefiting from any fixes made to the other libraries, but
then I'm not writing it so I can't say too much ;).

Brian