freetds - Re: MS SQL 7.0 and PHP 3.0.11

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Karl Pielorz <kpielorz AT tdx.co.uk>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Paul.Schaap AT dingoblue.com.au
  • Subject: Re: MS SQL 7.0 and PHP 3.0.11
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:02:00 +0100

Paul Schaap wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a working version of freetds running with PHP connecting to MS SQL
> 7.0 but have found that I must CONVERT all the datatypes being returned
> from the database to CHAR in my SQL query. I found that if the data type
> were :-
>
> VARCHAR, when displaying on the browser window would 'eat' all following
> text until a html tag turned up ?!?!

Hi,

I've found very similar results - (I think) from your above description... Any
VARCHAR() fields in the database (e.g. VARCHAR(64) - get returned with all 64
characters (padded by spaces) - is this what you mean?

I don't have any fixes though (apart from trim()ing them)...

I've also noticed that FreeTDS isn't too quick about returning failed calls
either (e.g. trying to select from a non existant table etc.)

Apache also segfaults after every page served...

But, having said all that - it _does_ work, kind of... Theres a guy here who's
hopefully going to spend most the day finding out what's going on, where it's
going wrong (Apache? PHP? Sybase Support under PHP? or FreeTDS?) - so we can
either do some fixing, or at least post propper bug reports to the right
places :-)

-Karl