freetds - Ack...token.c question...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Kevin <kevin AT nol.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Ack...token.c question...
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 16:24:58 -0500

Quick question...in libtds v0.45, there's a function called
tds_clr_null().
Since we're runnin' it off our Solaris box, and just recently upgraded,
I was running some tests against it and noticed a strange problem with
each call to
tds_clr_null.

Within the for loop of tds_process_row, the tds_clr_null() function
gets called each time the column value for the current row is not null.
With a five column select, no columns which were null, I got the
following behavior printing out the first 2 bytes of
tds->res_info->current_row which should have a value of NE

Processing column 1 of 5:
before clr_null: 00 00
after clr_null: 00 00
Processing column 2 of 5:
before clr_null: 4E 45
after clr_null: 4C 45
Processing column 3 of 5:
before clr_null: 4C 45
after clr_null: 48 45
Processing column 4 of 5:
before clr_null: 48 45
after clr_null: 40 45
Processing column 5 of 5:
before clr_null: 40 45
after clr_null: 40 45

Once I commented out the current_row[bytenum] &= mask line, the
problems
went away.
Is the tds_clr_null function a necessary one for some reason? I havn't
been able to figure out it's purpose...

--
Kevin Lyons Programmer for Nebrask@
Online