freetds - Re: Compiling FreeTDS-JDBC under JDK 1.2.1?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Eric Mountain" <e.mountain AT dev.amadeus.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Compiling FreeTDS-JDBC under JDK 1.2.1?
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 10:45:54 +0200

FreeTDS JDBC only implements the JDBC 1.3 API. JDK 1.2.1 includes the JDBC
2.0 API which includes many more declarations (as you can see from the
errors when you compile). I don't know that you can compile with JDK1.2.
However, you can compile FreeTDS JDBC with JDK 1.1.8 and use the classes you
obtain with programs you compiled under JDK 1.2.1.

:E