freetds - Re: MSSQL7.0 from freetds 0.45

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: tetherow AT nol.org
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: MSSQL7.0 from freetds 0.45
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 17:41:54 -0500 (CDT)

On 25 Jun, Brian Bruns wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> Sounds good. May I ask what your prelimary findings are? I'm guessing its
> some of the magic numbers scattered in the login packet. (It'll be nice
> once the spec is released)

I twiddled with a lot, but it seems that there is a problem in the
put_string if the string is actually longer than length given in
put_string. Where I caught the problem was in set_library I was using
TDS-library which is longer than the 10 bytes that is sent which for
some reason is messing with the byte afterwards. I have also noticed
that there is usually a 0x08 '\b' at the end of strings sent with
put_string. I checked the code and couldn't find anything obvious
that was causing it but I'm getting ready to dig into it tonight.

Sam Tetherow tetherow AT nol.org
Director of Development
Nebrask@ Online http://www.nol.org/