freetds - MS SQL Server 7.0 and Sybperl

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Dan Melomedman" <dmelomed AT pppl.gov>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: MS SQL Server 7.0 and Sybperl
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:29:56

Hi. Our organization is using MS SQL Server 7 as their SQL server, we also
want to use Sybase OpenClient 11.1.1 with it, running on Sun machines, with
Apache. And we would like to use Sybperl for database integration. Problem
is rather curious: the Sybase's examples that come with the distribution
compile and run fine, because somehow they use older version of TDS 4.6, I
believe and that works great with MS SQL S. 7! But Sybperl wants to use a
higher version, seven something, so MS SQL simply doesn't work. Has anyone
been able to force Sybperl an other applications to use lower versions of
TDS, without actually recompiling them against FreeTDS, as I understand not
everything is implemented yet? I've been struggling with this for a week
now, and really need help!Any comments will be greately appreciated.
Thanks.