freetds - Re: TDS_END3_TOKEN on Solaris(sparc)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: TDS_END3_TOKEN on Solaris(sparc)
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 11:01:25 -0600

Brian Bruns wrote:

> Gregg,
>
> Would you do me a favor? under tds_process_result_tokens() place a call to
> get_incoming() (just uncomment the code there). Do it for Solaris and
> Linux and diff the client.out files that get written. I'd like to know if
> there is a difference in the output streams the server is sending.
>
> My feeling is that there shouldn't be a difference other than integers
> returning in opposite byte order, but this should give us something to go
> on.

Boy, I dug deep for this one. get_incoming doesn't seem to exist in the
latest code, but I found it in debug.c in some very old code (yea, I keep
a lot of copies hanging around). Anyway, it appears that the only
difference is found in the number swap. Most of the entries are just
two position swaps. But, there are a few that are 4 position swaps, that
I will look at closer to see if they may cause problems. For example:

Linux Solaris
13:1 13:0
14:0 14:0
15:0 15:0
16:0 16:1

Depending on where it is in the parsing of the resultant message, it has
the potential for conflict. Or, at least it is something for me to
investigate.

Gregg