freetds - OK, LIBTOOL generation once again.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.net>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: OK, LIBTOOL generation once again.
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:43:05 -0600

OK, when running configure on a clean system, I get a message in the
middle of the configure output to the affect:

checking for ranlib... ranlib
./configure: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL: command not found

The result is that in the generated Makefiles the line:

LIBTOOL=@LIBTOOL@

does not get generated to:

LIBTOOL = $(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool

Is this a version of automake/autoconf issue, or is there a line missing
somewhere in configure, or something else? I am sure someone probably
knows the answer and can shorten my debugging time. Since, I haven't
seen anyone else have the problem, maybe it is a problem with my system
(heavily modified/updated RedHat 5.0). Any help would be appreciated...

Gregg