freetds - Re: Is anyone working on ODBC driver for MS-SQLServer?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Is anyone working on ODBC driver for MS-SQLServer?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 21:21:46 -0400 (EDT)

A ODBC-over-TDS was part of the plan for freetds...unfortunately I know
next to nothing about ODBC and thus haven't started it...there was a odbc
directory (empty) under src/ before...it got dropped somewhere along the
way. (not sure when or why...part of the the gnuification i think?). In
theory, it would be fairly simple to ride in ontop of the tds layer (which
was designed to support multiple CLIs), which would make it work for
MS-SQL and Sybase (4.2 and 5.0).

So, if people want to post some ODBC code, i'd be happy to help get this
started.

Brian