freetds - Re: Is anyone working on ODBC driver for MS-SQLServer?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Jepson <bjepson AT ids.net>
  • To: Craig Spannring <cts AT internetcds.com>
  • Cc: freeodbc AT as220.org, freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Is anyone working on ODBC driver for MS-SQLServer?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 14:25:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Craig Spannring wrote:

> Is anyone working on a MS-SQLServer that would work under Unix? I
> wouldn't want to start writing one if someone else already has.

I'm not aware of any development in this area, but I would sure welcome
any development towards that.

FWIW, I'm looking into setting up a freeodbc CVS server. I'm hoping that
I will come up to speed with CVS and any related security issues by the
time that Ke Jin puts out the next iODBC snapshot (the next snapshot is
expected to be a license change only: GPL->LGPL). At that time (hopefully
within a month) I'll put iODBC under CVS, and anyone who wants to become
an active contributer can participate.

If there's some active development on the SQL Server driver, and Craig
feels that an open development model would be of benefit, we can put the
SQL Server driver under the CVS tree, as well.

Brian Jepson * (bjepson AT ids.net) * http://users.ids.net/~bjepson
Choosy mothers choose to chew Chew-Z