freetds - Re: ASE on Linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ASE on Linux
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 21:06:17 -0400 (EDT)

I installed it yesterday...it's 11.0.3 not 11.5.1 ( the latest...although
I believe 11.9 is coming available). looked pretty good, 'cept isql'ing
from my rs/6000 took about a minute to connect. I am wondering if this is
the bug Alan Cox found and fixed for 2.0.36?

But no, freetds is far from dead, there is always MS SQL-Server for one
and besides I didn't see dblib support in the package from Sybase either.

The install prog is slick, even better than the real thing.

Brian