freetds - Re: ASE on Linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mihai Ibanescu <misa AT dntis.ro>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ASE on Linux
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:32:53 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Ryan Russell wrote:

> I thought this might be of interest to folks on this list.
>
> http://www.sybase.com/adaptiveserver/linux/

Looks very promising. Yes, it looks like Sybase has decided to
support Linux after all. And yes, it looks it's fast (this is what they
say, at least). And maybe we can get a protocol reference now?
Still the Open Client is unsupported, I think. Probably the
freetds project is not dead, since the OpenClient is not free.

best wishes,

Mihai

Mihai Ibanescu Dynamic Network Technologies
http://sysadm.dntis.ro/~misa Moara de Foc 35, et. 7, 6600 Iasi
misa AT dntis.ro tel. +40-32-252936