freetds - RE: RH Sybperl and TDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mihai Ibanescu <misa AT dntis.ro>
  • To: SybPerl Discussion List <SYBPERL-L AT listproc.net>
  • Cc: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: RH Sybperl and TDS
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 11:50:00 +0300 (EET DST)

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Stepan, Jamison wrote:

> Well, here's what I did. I downloaded and installed the freetds stuff just
> like they said. I then went to my Sybperl directory and modified the CONFIG
> file to build with the tds lib, to build DBlib, and removed the extra
> libraries except for -lcrypt.
>
> Now here's the most important step. You need to remove any trace of the
> previous sybperl from your /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/ directories. There are
> about three places that it is hiding so it might take a bit to find all the
> pieces. In particular look under auto/ and i386.../auto. Also remove any
> trace of DBD::Sybase. The makefiles for these will not do clean uninstalls
> so you have to do it manually. You should do the make uninstall though to
> get rid of the linking.
>
> Once that is done do your build like before:
> perl Makefile.PL
> make
> make test
>
> Once make test happens, you might get a fail. You might need to go into
> Makefile.aperl and search and remove any trace of DBD::Sybase and the old
> Sybase::CTlib stuff.
>
> Then it should work.

hello

I've tried exactly as you said, and when I `make test' I get:

DBlib.o(.text+0x50a3): undefined reference to `dbsqlsend'
/mnt/devel/sybperl-2.09_05/blib/arch/auto/Sybase/DBlib/DBlib.a(DBlib.o):
In function `XS_Sybase__DBlib_dbpoll':
DBlib.o(.text+0x539d): undefined reference to `dbpoll'
make[1]: *** [perl] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/devel/sybperl-2.09_05'
make: *** [perl] Error 2

Did you have the same problem?
Thanks,

Mihai

Mihai Ibanescu Dynamic Network Technologies
http://sysadm.dntis.ro/~misa Moara de Foc 35, et. 7, 6600 Iasi
misa AT dntis.ro tel. +40-32-252936