freetds - RE: TDS 4.2 / 5.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mihai Ibanescu <misa AT dntis.ro>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: TDS 4.2 / 5.0
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 21:30:20 +0300 (EET DST)

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Brian Bruns wrote:

> On 08/28/98, "Mihai Ibanescu <misa AT dntis.ro>" wrote:
> > Thanks for your thorough inverstigation, but the question was just
> > what the version is. I found out by myself that TDS 5.0 does not work with
> > MSSQL.
> > Is anyone working on autoconf for tds? Can I start doing it? If
> > so, I'll need support from Solaris guys, I have only Linuxes around
> > here...
> >
> Good rule of thumb: 4.2 for MS-Sql Server and Sybase prior to 10.0, 5.0 for
> Sybase after 10.0. Maybe I should add this to the faq?

I think so. And maybe the FAQ should go into the package? Usually
not.

> Regarding autoconf, go for it! It is one of those lingering ToDos :)

Almost completed it. Changed the location for all unittest-s.
Baptised it as freetds-0.21. You'll get it as soon as I make the TDS
version going. It's really neat (automake, libtool and stuff like this).
By the way, dynamic compiling of ibs is possible as well.

Keep in touch,
Mihai

Mihai Ibanescu Dynamic Network Technologies
http://sysadm.dntis.ro/~misa Moara de Foc 35, et. 7, 6600 Iasi
misa AT dntis.ro tel. +40-32-252936