freetds - RE: TDS 4.2 / 5.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: TDS 4.2 / 5.0
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:54:41 -0500

Stepan, Jamison wrote:

> I used 4.2
>
> Jamison
>

> > What version of TDS implements MSSQL v6.5? Because I've tried to
> > send 5.0 packets to it, and it does not work.
> >

>From your description of the problem, it is hard to determine what could be
>wrong.
Did you compile the src/tds library with -D TDS42 defined in the Makefile (it
is
TDS50 by default)? Is the endianness defined correctly for your machine
type? Have
you set up the SYBASE environment variable to point to the tds directory?
Does your
interfaces file (set up in the $SYBASE directory) have the correct
definitions for
your database server (including the tcp port number)? Do you have
connectivity to
your server? Is it set up to do TCP connections? Do you have a login to the
database? Did you define the login/password in your source test file? Did
you
define the database and server variables in the source test file to be the
same as
what is defined in the interfaces file? If the answer is yes to the above
questions, then you will have to provide more information about your problem.

Gregg Jensen