freetds - Re: TDS42 library and MSSQL 6.5 server connectivity tests

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: TDS42 library and MSSQL 6.5 server connectivity tests
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:20:08 -0500

Francesco Caridi wrote:

> Msg 1159069696, Level 0, State 2, Server LVNTS, Line 0
> Changed database context to 'pubs'.
> Msg -1590034432, Level 16, State 1, Server LVNTS, Line 93
> The object 'sysappname' does not exist in database 'pubs'.

This looks like a response from a particular 'sp_help' command (something like
'sp_help sysappname'). One suggestion would be to try the unittest program
in the
dblib directory. There isn't as much that can go wrong there (with regards to
setting options).

> Any idea about my mistakes?

Without looking at what lines you changed in tds/unittest.c, here is my take
on the

tds_set_passwd(login,"sybase") => This is the password to the user's login
that is
set with tds_set_user.
tds_set_user(login,"guest") => The login name of the user you want to log in
with
tds_set_app(login,"sqsh") => the application name you want the login to be
associated with. On the server when the DBA wants to see what the users of
the
database are doing, they can query it and get the user name and what they are
running.
tds_set_host(login,"myhost") => The host name that the database server is
running
on*
tds_set_library(login,"CT-Library") => I don't know what this is used for.
tds_set_server(login,"JDBC") = > The host name found on a line by itself in
the
interfaces file*
tds_set_charset(login,"iso_1") => character set that the login will use
tds_set_language(login,"us_english") =. set the language to use
tds_set_packet(login,512) => sets the size of the TDS packet to send to the
server.

* these two may be switched

Gregg