fingerlakespermaculture - Interested in Local Food Production, Climate Change Impacts & Food Justice?

  • From: Kate Cardona <kate AT groundswellcenter.org>
  • To: Kate Cardona <kate AT groundswellcenter.org>, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org, TC-HSC-L AT list.cornell.edu
  • Subject: Interested in Local Food Production, Climate Change Impacts & Food Justice?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 15:42:56 -0500

Then attend Groundswell Center's upcoming workshop:

Saturday, February 3rd, 9:00AM - 2:00PM
Just BeCause Center, 1013 West State Street, Ithaca NY
Facilitated by Mike Biltonen (Know Your Roots) and Jay Smith (Ithaca EcoVillage)
Cost: sliding scale $25 - $50

Agriculture is one of our greatest tools for reducing and even potentially reversing the effects of modern industrial society on our global climate, but it’s also one of the greatest contributors to climate change. Something has to give. Come learn about how we can work together as a community to increase stability and security in local food production!

This course will cover both urban and rural landscapes, and include information on crop production, soil health, water conservation, and farm design, as well as strategies for increased urban food production and the connections between climate change and food justice.

*ONE WEEK LEFT TO REGISTER!*

Also Coming Up at Groundswell Center!

Beginning Teamster Workshop: Working With Draft Horses
With the Cornell Small Farms Program, Equicenter of Rochester, and Draft Animal Power Network
February 17th 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Oxley Equestrian Center, Cornell University, Ithaca NY
Cost: $40 for Veterans, Immigrants and Refugees, $80 for the general public
Schedule, Scholarship Info and Registration Here

Wednesday, February 21st 10AM - 11:30AM
Groundswell Center, 225 South Fulton Street, Ithaca NY, Free!

Kate Cardona
Equity, Outreach and Course Coordinator

  • Interested in Local Food Production, Climate Change Impacts & Food Justice?, Kate Cardona, 01/24/2018