fingerlakespermaculture - Coming Up at Groundswell Center (Ithaca, NY): Agriculture & Climate Change, Equipment Purchasing, Farming for Justice

  • From: Kate Cardona <kate.w.cardona AT gmail.com>
  • To: Kate Cardona <kate AT groundswellcenter.org>
  • Subject: Coming Up at Groundswell Center (Ithaca, NY): Agriculture & Climate Change, Equipment Purchasing, Farming for Justice
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 16:12:18 -0400

PLEASE SHARE WIDELY:

Coming Up at
Groundswell Center for Local Food and Farming!

Attend a Workshop
Remembrance Farm, 6294 Searsburg Road, Trumansburg NY. $15
Are you a new or growing farm looking to purchase equipment that’s right for you both financially and logistically? Join us for a hands-on evening in partnership with NOFA-NY to look at and learn about various different types of equipment to determine what will be appropriate for the size and needs of your operation.

Saturday, October 21st, 10AM-3PM, Location TBA. $25-$50.
Climate change has been affecting our farms for several decades now. The science and data show that there will continue to be dramatic impacts on every farmers’ ability to grow and distribute food. Agriculture is one of our greatest tools for reducing and even potentially reversing the effects of modern industrial society on our global climate, but it also one of the greatest contributors to climate change. Something has to give. Come learn about how we can work together as a community to ensure local stability in local food production and security!

Tour the Groundswell Incubator Farm
Groundswell Incubator Farm at Ithaca EcoVillage
Come out to Groundswell’s Incubator Farm for a tour led by the Incubator Farm Manager or Groundswell staff member, and learn about how immigrants, refugees, and people marginalized in the food system are getting support to start food and farmbusinesses.

Act for Food Justice
Farming for Justice: A Discussion/Action Group for Food Producers: Wednesday, October 17th, 6PM-8PM
Groundswell Center, 225 South Fulton Street, Ithaca NY*
Farming for Justice is a new monthly meeting for farmers, food producers, and land workers interested in digging into the intersection of food, agriculture and social justice. What role do we see ourselves playing in racial/economic justice work? What are the barriers we face and how can we support each other to step further into action? Through dialogue, education and action planning, we'll begin to explore the answers.
RSVP to Kate Cardona at kate AT groundswellcenter.org
*Please let me know if your farm or home can host an upcoming session!*

  • Coming Up at Groundswell Center (Ithaca, NY): Agriculture & Climate Change, Equipment Purchasing, Farming for Justice, Kate Cardona, 09/01/2017