fingerlakespermaculture - Cover Crops for the Home Garden

  • From: "Chrys B. Gardener" <cab69 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: "Fingerlakes Permaculture List (fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org) (fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org)" <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Jennie Rebecca Cramer <jrc10 AT cornell.edu>
  • Subject: Cover Crops for the Home Garden
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 15:38:49 +0000

Cover Crops for the Home Garden
  • Wednesday, September 6, 2017, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Reduce your carbon footprint and enhance your soil all at once! Planting cover crops in your garden is a cost effective form of nutrition and organic matter and keeps your soil, water, and nutrients from running off as well as breaking up clay to make it easier for working in addition to a myriad of other benefits. Come learn which cover crops do well in our area and which ones work best for your garden situation. We'll cap off the evening with a hand-on cover crop planting demonstration in the CCE garden.

REGISTER ONLINE at http://db.ccetompkins.org/programs/civicrm/event/info?id=1150&reset=1 or call 272-2292 to register by phone.

Fee

$5-$10/person self-determined sliding scale; pay what you can afford

 Contact

Jennie Cramer
Horticulture Program Manager
jrc10 AT cornell.edu
(607) 272-2292 ext 146

Jennie Cramer
Horticulture Program Manager
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY 14850
(607)272-2292, extension 241
www.ccetompkins.org

  • Cover Crops for the Home Garden, Chrys B. Gardener, 09/01/2017