fingerlakespermaculture - Designing Educational Ecosystems: A 9-Day Permaculture Educator Training

  • From: Dave Jacke <davej AT edibleforestgardens.com>
  • To: Finger Lakes PC listserv <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Designing Educational Ecosystems: A 9-Day Permaculture Educator Training
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:52:37 -0400

Designing Educational Ecoystems:
A 9-Day Permaculture Educator Training

August 18-27, 201, Omega Institute, Rhinebeck, NY

https://www.eomega.org/pctt

877-944-2002

Humans and nature intertwine irrevocably.  Consequently, ecological principles operate within all aspects of human culture and our own lives—and permaculture’s regenerative design framework applies to all aspects of culture, including the classroom.  We must therefore design learning events as whole, healthy educational ecosystems for whole people.

The ability to design and the ability to learn both live inherent in all human beings.  These two natural humans functions relate strongly to each other—they integrate us within ourselves, and us with our surroundings.  Yet “teaching” from a place of power over, control, or idolatry creates a false separation between “teacher” and “student” akin to the separation between humans and nature that our culture propagates.  On the other hand, “education” literally means “to draw out,” not to stuff in, fill up, inhale, or engorge.  Design AS education and education AS design lies at the core of the synthesis our culture needs here and now.

This intensive permaculture educator training embodies and explores this educational approach.  Learn how to design and run permaculture workshops, courses, and other educational experiences as ecosystems—by designing and running them!  Seasoned educator Dave Jacke and his team guide you to: assess and design for students’ learning niches; create effective learning environments; plan for, budget, and market an event; and devise multifunctional, functionally interconnected courses where the whole experience is greater than the sum of the sessions.

Together, we face fears, transform inhibiting narratives, share constructively, and grow deeply in a healthy, safe, supportive, and fun learning environment.  We also engage with the business of teaching, among other practical aspects. This rigorous course culminates with you designing and coteaching a daylong public permaculture workshop series along with your peers. You will leave with new skills and experiences under your belt, and feel empowered to teach permaculture and embody the change you want to see in the world.  In fact, we support you before, during, and after the training to design and run a permaculture workshop on your own post-training!

By shifting the culture of education, we shift the culture of those with whom we engage as educators—and culture shift is what its all about!  Join us if you dare!

Instructors:
Dave Jacke,
Chris Jackson, and Kim Almeida.

For More Info & to Apply:
Attendance requires prior completion of a PDC and an application and acceptance process; there is pre-course homework and a webinar.  Scholarships are available.  For details visit https://www.eomega.org/pctt

-------------
Dave Jacke
Dynamics Ecological Design
33 E. Taylor Hill Rd. • Montague, MA • 01351
603-831-1298 • davej AT edibleforestgardens.com

Visit www.edibleforestgardens.com for information on or to purchase my award-winning two-volume book, Edible Forest Gardens.

Mark Krawczyk and I are now writing a new book on Coppice Agroforestry!  Find out more at
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coppiceagroforestry/dave-and-mark-write-a-coppice-agroforestry-book and support our effort by sending a check to the address above—we will honor the same rewards listed on the kickstarter website for any donations sent now.

   “Teach this triple truth to all:
    a generous heart,
    kind speech,
    and a life of service and compassion
    are the things which renew humanity.”
         Buddha

  • Designing Educational Ecosystems: A 9-Day Permaculture Educator Training, Dave Jacke, 03/29/2017