fingerlakespermaculture - FW: Registration ends 2/23 - Four Seasons Permaculture Design Certification 72 hour course - Rochester, NY

  • From: "patty love/Barefoot Permaculture" <patty AT barefootpermaculture.com>
  • To: <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: FW: Registration ends 2/23 - Four Seasons Permaculture Design Certification 72 hour course - Rochester, NY
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:21:32 -0500

We are seeking 3 more students to make this course happen.  I hope you’ll decide to join us.

Four Seasons Permaculture Design Certification 72 hour course – March 2012 – Feb 2013 $900-1000
2012:  March 10-11, April 8, May 13, June 10, July 8, August 12, September 9, October 14, November 11, December 9; 2013:  January 13, February 10

This course is structured in one introductory weekend followed by monthly Sunday sessions, allowing full-time workers, students, and people with families more flexibility to participate.   This dynamic, hands-on class will meet from 9 am-5 pm.  All classes will be held in Rochester, NY.  Class size is limited.  Sliding scale $900-1000.  Lunches are potluck.  Preregistration is required.

To register: Send a check payable to Rochester Permaculture Center, PO Box 18212, Rochester, NY 14618 by February 23, 2013  along with (1) your name, (2) your mailing address, (3) your email address, and (4) phone number. Additionally, please send a quick email to patty AT barefootpermaculture.com letting me know to expect you.

PDC Description:  In our permaculture design certification courses, you will learn how to observe and use the same principles that make ecological systems self-sustaining and apply them to integrated homes and gardens. In addition, you will learn how to apply these principles to energy systems and water supplies, healthy communities, meaningful and fulfilling work, ecological economies, and global political movements for change.

Throughout it all, you’ll be engaged in learning and experiencing an empowering way of living in the world, surrounded and supported by like-minded people and instructors. Our goal is to make you a part of Rochester Permaculture Institute’s community, incorporating our seasonal activities into your permaculture experience as time permits. Activities may include spring and fall pruning, seed planting, plant propagation, bed preparation, compost pile making, water harvesting techniques, natural building, and other activities.

Each of our permaculture design certification courses includes the following:

Permaculture principles and ethics

Reading the landscape

Pattern and pattern application

Water harvesting

Swale building

Zone and sector analysis

Climate and micro climate

Mapping

Waste composting and treatment

Urban permaculture

Land access

Community building

Plant guilds

 Forest gardening

Aquaculture & Animals

The design process, principles, strategies and techniques

Soil building and sheet mulching

Pond management and ecology

Earthworks, green roofs, and natural building

Grey water systems

Bioremediation

Renewable energy systems

Forest management

Watershed management

Group work on a conceptual design project for RPC

Individual work on a conceptual design project for RPC

This 72-hour permaculture design certificate course will give participants a comprehensive understanding of permaculture principles & ethics; design processes, methodologies & tools; and how they can be applied to create regenerative human systems including food, housing, personal relationships, communities, and economies.  Successful completion of this course will earn participants an internationally recognized Permaculture Design Certificate.

More information at:  http://rochesterpermacultureinstitute.org/events/pdc/

Warmly,

patty love, Owner

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

www.barefootpermaculture.com

Program Director
Rochester Permaculture Center

www.rochesterpermacultureinstitute.org

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

http://www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/

585.506.6505

PO Box 18212

Rochester, NY 14618

My life's purpose is gathering and sharing resources and information that regenerate my own and others' abundant existence and vibrant well-being.

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."  ~ Albert Szent-Giorgi, Nobel Laureate