fingerlakespermaculture - Fwd: (G4H) Gardener's Networking Meeting - Wednesday January 23, from 5:30-7:30

  • From: Joshua Dolan <sapsquatch7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ann piombino <annpiombino AT yahoo.com>, Joseph Amsili <joseph.amsili AT gmail.com>, Dan Flerlage <danflerlage AT hotmail.com>, Damon Brangman <dbrangman AT hotmail.com>, Jody Herbert <jherber AT cityofithaca.org>, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org, Samantha Smith <sammasB4 AT hotmail.com>, Martin Fellows Hatch <mfh2 AT cornell.edu>, Gina Inzinna <ginabeena23 AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: Fwd: (G4H) Gardener's Networking Meeting - Wednesday January 23, from 5:30-7:30
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:55:21 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joshua <sapsquatch7 AT gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM
To: g4h_volunteers AT googlegroups.com

Gardener's Networking Meeting - Wednesday January 23, from 5:30-7:30

Gardens 4 Humanity will give a short update on an initiative to open some city owned land for communal gardening followed by a world café style discussion.  We hope to identify common areas of interest and obstacles to gardening and areas where we can begin working together to form a strong and resilient movement of local growers in back yards, schools and in the community.  Please feel free to bring some finger foods to share and visit our seed cabinet while you are here.  It's brimming with this year's shipment of donated seeds!

The Gardener's Network is a coalition of growers and educators in Tompkins County who are working together to promote and expand land access, gardening and garden-related educational opportunities

Each month the session will be held at a different location in our community to: a) give participants an opportunity to see multiple projects; b) give host sites an opportunity to share projects publicly and to receive feedback; and, c) to provide extra hands for any work the host site may need d) to discuss strategies and tactics that we can use to achieve our goals.  If you are interested in hosting a future session at your project or potential garden site, please send a short description of the project, and the name/phone/email of a contact person to Josh Dolan at jd285 AT cornell.edu.  We are currently looking for hosts for our 2013 series.

--
Gardens 4 Humanity is a community-driven food justice organization that promotes economic, personal, and neighborhood empowerment and health through education, urban gardening and local farm connections.

Groups "G4H_volunteers" group.
To post to this group, send email to g4h_volunteers AT googlegroups.com
g4h_volunteers+unsubscribe AT googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/g4h_volunteers?hl=en

  • Fwd: (G4H) Gardener's Networking Meeting - Wednesday January 23, from 5:30-7:30, Joshua Dolan, 01/16/2013