fingerlakespermaculture - Free Shrubs Available, Ithaca NY

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Free Shrubs Available, Ithaca NY
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 13:36:43 -0500

From: "Todd Saddler" <toddsaddler AT gmail.com>

Hi friends,

I have 2 strapping Red Osier Dogwood shrubs available to the first comer.
I originally bought them from the Plantsmen a few years ago.

These shrubs get to about 10' across and 12' high, which is why I had to
remove them - they were blocking the line of sight for pulling out of our
driveway.

They are very hardy, and in winter the stems turn red, and look really cool
against the snow. If there's snow... They also make little berries that
birds eat. They could also probably be divided up and made into a hedgerow.

Anyway, I pruned them back to about 6' tall and 6' accross, and dug them
up. If you want them, email me and we'll plan a time for you to pick them
up. You'll need a pickup truck to haul them in. Right now I dug up the
roots, then covered the base with mulch again, so they can just be lifted
out of the ground by me and one other able bodied person.

Get 'em while they're dormant!

If I don't hear anything in a couple days, I'll put them on Freecycle....

Todd Saddler

###
http://FLXpermaculture.Net
###
Earn your Permaculture Design Certificate
with the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org
###