fingerlakespermaculture - Free Film Screening - Permaculture: The Growing Edge

  • From: "patty love/Barefoot Permaculture" <patty AT barefootpermaculture.com>
  • To: <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Free Film Screening - Permaculture: The Growing Edge
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 12:11:01 -0500

Many are awakening to the fact that we humans need to make some changes in how we live in order for our species to continue to survive.  The growing concern about hydrofracking is just one example.  Yet, many are also unsure what to do differently or how to do it.  Permaculture provides us with some different possibilities – real ones that anyone of us can take action on (and some already are).  This film is an inspiring and engaging way to discover where you might get started on a journey toward more sustainable and abundant living.  Children who can sit quietly through the 45 minute film are welcome.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7-8:30 pm
Brighton Memorial Library Community Room, 2300 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14618
Film viewing:  Permaculture:  The Growing Edge:  Exploring real solutions to our grave ecological crisis A documentary by Donna Read and Starhawk
Followed by a discussion of the film and a discovery of ideas it inspires.
Yes, you may bring popcorn to the movie!

Film description from www.belili.org:
Permaculture: The Growing Edge is an antidote to environmental despair, a hopeful and practical look at a path to a viable, flourishing future. The film introduces us to inspiring examples of projects, and includes a visit to David Holmgren’s own homestead, tracking deer with naturalist Jon Young, sheet mulching an inner-city garden with Hunters Point Family, transforming an intersection into a gathering place with City Repair and joining mycologist Paul Stamets as he cleans up an oil spill with mushrooms. We interview some of the key figures in the Permaculture movement, including David Holmgren, Penny Livingston-Stark, James Stark, Paul Stamets, Mark Lakeman, Dr. Elaine Ingham, Maddy Harland, and others.

Permaculture is a sustainable system of earth care that offers solutions to many of our grave environmental problems and a hopeful, proactive vision of change. The Permaculture movement, started by Australians Bill Mollison and David Holmgren in the nineteen seventies, is now a worldwide network of skilled ecological designers, teachers, food growers, natural builders, environmental activists and visionaries. “Permaculture is the key to a post-carbon future,” says Maddy Harlan, editor of Permaculture Magazine.

Warmly,

patty love, Owner

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

www.barefootpermaculture.com

Program Director
Rochester Permaculture Center

www.rochesterpermaculturecenter.org

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

http://www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/

585.506.6505

PO Box 18212

Rochester, NY 14618

My life's purpose is gathering and sharing resources and information that regenerate my own and others' abundant existence and vibrant well-being.

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."  ~ Albert Szent-Giorgi, Nobel Laureate

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" ~ Mary Oliver

  • Free Film Screening - Permaculture: The Growing Edge, patty love/Barefoot Permaculture, 01/03/2012