fingerlakespermaculture - Sun 12/2: Environmental Musical Movie Auditions

  • From: Shira Golding <shiragolding AT gmail.com>
  • To: Sustainability in Tompkins County <sustainable_tompkins-l AT list.cornell.edu>, fcna-ithaca digest subscribers <fcna-ithaca AT googlegroups.com>, TC-HSC-L AT cornell.edu, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: McKenzie Jones-Rounds <grasswriter AT gmail.com>, Marina Gershon <gershonster AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: Sun 12/2: Environmental Musical Movie Auditions
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 14:55:55 -0500

Wanted: singers, dancers, actors!

Be part of an exciting and cutting-edge independent eco-musical movie titled "We Can't Stop"!

Audition #3: Sun. Dec. 12, 2pm
212 N. Plain St, #1 - Ithaca, NY

The makers of 2009's "Frac Attack: Dawn of the Watershed" (www.fracattackthemovie.com) are currently making a feature-length eco-musical movie that will highlight sustainable alternatives through entertaining song, dance, romance, humor and drama. "We Can't Stop" showcases the adventures of a rock band stranded in a small town after they run out of gas and realize that there is a national shortage. Over the course of their stay in the town, they are introduced to interesting locals with self-sufficient lifestyles who lead them to unexpected personal changes and transformed world views.

Our casting will strive to reflect the diversity of our community. Additional roles for actors of ALL AGES are available. No prior theatre or film experience is necessary.

Some available roles include:
LUCY - female, 18-30 years old, band member, driven to succeed, overbearing
HUNTER - male, 18-30 years old, band member, LUCY's co-dependent boyfriend
BEAR - male, 18-30 years old, band member, LUCY's childhood friend, skeptical and jaded, from a hard-working farm family
DEAN - male, 20-50 years old, army veteran, member of local veteran's collective, develops intimate relationship with band member
RAIN - female, 10-15 years old, unschooled freegan squatter

Shooting will take place in the spring/summer of 2011 in and around Ithaca, NY.

Auditioners are asked to prepare a short song and/or dance to perform if interested in a singing/dancing role. Pieces of the script will be available for reading. Head shots and resumes are welcomed but not required.

Audition questions: Marina Gershon, Casting Director, at gershonster AT gmail.com

General production inquiries: McKenzie Jones-Rounds at grasswriter AT gmail.com or Shira Golding at shiragolding AT gmail.com.

  • Sun 12/2: Environmental Musical Movie Auditions, Shira Golding, 12/11/2010