fingerlakespermaculture - Fwd: Community Food Security Dialogues - Wednesday!

  • From: Kelly Dietz <kdietz AT ithaca.edu>
  • To: Finger Lakes Permaculture <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Fwd: Community Food Security Dialogues - Wednesday!
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:05:25 -0500

This is probably the most important community-wide discussion of food
security, food access, sustainability and food sovereignty of the
year.

It will be an excellent opportunity for people to connect directly
with the good work going on in the community. And fun.

Meredith

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++

Community Food Security Dialogue
Greater Ithaca Activities Center (GIAC)
301 West Court Street
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
6:30PM - 8:30PM

There is a growing interest in our community and nationally concerning
local food systems and food security.

On February 21st and April 24th 2009 Cornell University Public Service
Center held two community dialogues on Health and Food Security. As
civic fellow, I co-facilitated these events with Bethany Schroeder,
Director of the Ithaca Health Alliance and Ithaca Free Clinic.

Since these events many people have requested a group to reconvene and
continue discussions on food security. Several people have suggested
that we explore how a food policy council might serve to support a
food system that is equitable and sustainable while meeting the
diverse needs of our neighborhoods. Other areas of interest include
buying clubs, urban agriculture, food preservation and safety as
important aspects of our local food system.

A light meal will be provided. Child care is available upon advance request.

This invite is open to the community for anyone interested or involved
in our local food system.

For additional information or to request child care, please do not
hesitate to contact me at Cornell Cooperative Extension at
607-272-2292 or email at es538 AT cornell.edu.

A flyer announcing this event will be available November 29th. Please
contact me if you are interested in posting at your workplace,
residence or elsewhere in the community.

Respectfully,
Jemila Sequeira

  • Fwd: Community Food Security Dialogues - Wednesday!, Kelly Dietz, 12/07/2010