fingerlakespermaculture - PC in Kenya Opportunity

  • From: Dave Jacke <davej AT edibleforestgardens.com>
  • To: Finger Lakes PC listserv <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: PC in Kenya Opportunity
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 17:04:16 -0500

This email is from a friend in MN who is looking for good folks to work with her in Africa—please pass on!  ***Reply to her not to me!***

Dave

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Hope this finds you all well and in good spirits! I'm sure your all busy making plans for the holidays and maybe for the next few months to come. If so then the timing of this message is good.

I'm Looking for 2-3 Permaculturalist's who are available to teach classes in Kenya, Africa January 10 thru Feb 15th. There are 2 villages that I am in touch with, that have invited us to come and teach. Educators will need to pay for their air travel and 1/2 of the expenses in country. estimated cost aprox.  $2000. [not including your private purchases] One of the villages is in a remote area of western Kenya, north of Kisumu, and will require camping experience. Conditions will be rustic. The other village is between Nairobi and Kisumu and the stay may be less rustic. The ultimate goal is to develop sustainable educators, so we can eventually have Kenyan's teaching Kenyan's. It would be great to have folks that have had experience in developing countries, but this is not a requirement on this trip.

If you are interested please email or phone me asap [Cathy] at 612-759-1478  I appreciate your understanding for the late notice!
Happy Holidays and Be Well!
Catherine Rose

Dave Jacke
Dynamics Ecological Design
308 Main St. #2C • Greenfield, MA • 01301

Visit www.edibleforestgardens.com for information on or to purchase my award-wining two-volume book, Edible Forest Gardens.

Mark Krawczyk and I are now writing a new book on Coppice Agroforestry!  Find out more and support our effort at

We see things not as they are.
We see things as we are.
         Talmud

  • PC in Kenya Opportunity, Dave Jacke, 12/02/2010